Re: If you've had a hernia (pelvic or abdominal), please reply.

Fri Feb 27 16:28:55 2009

The only substance that would hold me together after two hernias was DURA MATER (look it up). Dr. Sevin at the Mayo Clinic here in Jacksonville, FL used it to secure my abdomen. He used a double layer. He also secured my friend with Dura Mater. He told her later that he should have used two layers on her. She wears a binder during her waking hours.

--
Linda

- Original Message ----- From: Katie To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:11 PM Subject: Re: If you've had a hernia (pelvic or abdominal), please reply.

Jenny, God bless you for the reply! It gives me hope that IF this turns out to be a hernia, maybe it can be fixed.

Katie

At Sat, 21 Feb 2009, Jenny wrote: > >Hi Katie, >Yes, I have had a few hernia's. After 9 surgies for >endo/hysto/adhesions. ect. Recently was in major pain (as usual) Did >have bladder problems, lots of infections and 'not able to hold it...' >if you know what I mean! :) Lots of pain in my left lower pelvic area, >but the hernias were up closer to my belly button along my incision >line. Finally had surgery in Oct for it, Dr. put a 4x6 mesh in there - >and now I am basically, pain free. (I say basically, because I still >have occasional pain -- higher up near where the mesh was place-- but I >think that I am still healing. And it is only when I have really really >worked hard - lifting, ect. And finally Yes, it did show up on a CT, >but it took a pain clinic Dr to see it and recommend I see a general >surgeon. My GYN, didn't even mention it.!! ( I did share my story >earlier - i think it's under the heading of Finally no more pain, or >Finally pain free - back in November or December) Feel free to email me >with any other questions. Oh, I couldn't see it on me - but I could >feel it with my hands. > >Let me know if I can help with any thing else!! > >-- >Jenny Kummer > >At Sat, 21 Feb 2009, Katie wrote: >> >>If you've had a hernia, could you see it? What did you see? How did the >>docs find it? What were your symptoms? Can they cause bladder problems? >>And lastly, do they show up on a CT scan? >> >>Thanks in advance, >>Katie >

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.2/1965 - Release Date: 02/21/09 15:36:00

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: