Re: For Jennifer Blevins

Thu Feb 26 08:35:17 2009

Yep, the doctors think I'm a "head case". They know that I have a twisted colon with strictures (colonoscopy proved that), but they have no idea why I hurt so bad.

GI doc told my husband and me yesterday that because I have been hurting like this for 3 years, he thinks I have become more "sensitive" to the pain and am therefore, less "stoic". My husband almost ripped his face off! And I have been going to this GI doc for 11 years! Our kids even go to school together.

I read an article a couple of years ago about how doctors hate patients that require more than 10 minutes of their time. It drags out their schedules and they just really don't want to be bothered with the "whiners". They would rather hand you a prescription for pain meds and push you out the door. And God help you if you are female---they just want to give you an anti-depressant!

--
Katie

Katie

At Thu, 26 Feb 2009, Sinski, Jennifer B. Blevins wrote: > >I did have a lot of buring belching & right side pain.

I'm not sure about the fluid thing. In my case, this all occurred right after a hysterectomy in which I had bleed internally. I ended up having to get 4 units of blood. So for a period of time I felt full of liquid, and I was full of liquid really. > >That is interesting that we have experienced similar

symptoms. The doctors all looked at me like I was out of my mind initially. >Jennifer > >________________________________ > >________________________________ >From: adhesions@adhesions.org on behalf of Katie > >-- >________________________________ >Sent: Thu 2/26/2009 10:08 AM >________________________________ >To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS >Subject: Re: For Jennifer Blevins > >Jennifer, wow! That is EXACTLY some of the symptoms I have. > >Did you have any GI symptoms like burping/belching or pain around the >pancreatic/liver area? Also, did you ever feel like there was some kind >of "fluid" in there? > >Thank you, >Katie >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: