Re: SSI/Disablity

Wed Feb 25 15:31:26 2009

I am on disability due to adhesions. Was turned down the first time. Got an attorney and went before the judge. Judge found fully favorable in my favor. I was told it would be difficult because I was only 38 at the time. No problem. It is just important to explain how adhesions affect your life, bathroom problems, surgeries, medications, sleep disturbance, hospitalizations, and have family and friends write letters on your behalf. It cant hurt to try!!! Good luck to you!

In a message dated 2/25/2009 1:07:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, mazda_lady66@hotmail.com writes:

I am on Disability due to adhesions. It took me almost 3 years and attorney, they did turn me down 2 times but when we went in front of the Judge she couldn't understand why I was turned down at all. Due to the obstructions and surgery every couple of years. Its a battle but glad I did it and got it helps alot to know I don't have to work when i'm in such pain. And the peace of mind that someone out there really believes i'm in pain. Kelly Vernon

>----- Original Message -----
From: _Alta Costew_ (mailto:racostew@sbcglobal.net) To: _Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS_ (mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net) Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:43 AM Subject: SSI/Disablity

Hi,

How many of you are on or applied for disability? My husband thinks I should but I have a feeling I would be turned down. If you have applied, did you do it on your own? Did you have a lawyer help? Just wondering Alta

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: