Re: Let's talk about symptoms!

Fri Feb 20 19:53:37 2009

Yes, we need to learn to live with the adhesions. We have to do self-care and I think acceptance helps. Not that I practice what I preach much. Some times I want to just end it and most of the time I tell myself that there are a lot of people worse off then myself that have horrible diseases or have a lot of terrible things happen to them. Ours of course isn't easy as not everyone can get rid of it and half the Drs. are in lala land on understanding adhesions. I have both loose and hard stools also. That's where some drs. think that we have irritable bowel. I have partial blockages once a week at least. Kelly M

> ----- Original Message -----
From: BBLDEB@aol.com<mailto:BBLDEB@aol.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 7:07 PM Subject: RE: Let's talk about symptoms!

Katie, Just to let you know, when I read your post, I realized that it sounds like you have a hernia. The mass in your abdomen could very well be your intestines coming through the abdominal wall. You never said if it was hard or soft. So, I can only guess at this, but if you can lay down, relax and move it around lightly as if to push the intestines back in, then it is definitely a hernia. However, if it is more solid, but on the soft side, it could be a strangulated bowel, which means you should be seen in the ER right away. Again, it could also be a mass of some other sorts. Your GYN or your GI doctor needs to send you for a CT or MRI or Sonogram to look at it further in order to see what it could be. This isn't something you want to put off to long either way. There is a lot of things it could be. You never said how long you have had it or how suddenly it came about. More information would be needed to be able to say more.

As far as loose stools, I don't know about anyone else, but I know that with me, the adhesions cause my bowels to become blocked and when they finally turn loose, they are watery as well. I think it is typical for adhesion patients to have bouts of both constipation and watery stools. If you continue to have watery stools for more than a few days, you need to see a doctor. You can become dehydrated and that can make you very sick and feel even worse.

As for the pulling, tugging, pushing.. all of which is typical with adhesions. They have stuck things together in our abdomens and it will cause those feelings at some point. Depending on how many your have, where they are located and how severe they become. And yes, it can effect your back very easily.

My heart goes out to you and to all of us. We have a long road ahead of us. But with much prayer and blessings, we will get through this and we will all find doctor's that can help us. I will continue to pray and look for help. God bless!

Sincerely, Debbie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Need a job? Find an employment agency near =

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------you<http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid==
emlcntusyelp00000003>.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: