Re: Contacting Oprah

Fri Feb 13 10:53:21 2009

Ellen, I will write my story and send to him. I am about to undergo my eighth surgery for this. It's life changing and it need credibility and recognition. I am tired of no one understanding the agony or the impact this has on any normalcy of life. ------Original Message------ From: Ellen EggersSender: adhesions@adhesions.org To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS ReplyTo: adhesions@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Contacting Oprah Sent: Feb 13, 2009 11:27 AM

Several months ago, I wrote with a suggestion that I'm going to repeat because I was ignored. All of you have great ideas about getting information about ARD to the public, but I do not understand why no one is contacting Dr. David Wiseman, the founder of this organization. He has been working for many years, attempting to bring knowledge of ARD to the public and to the medical community. He and I tried to get a book on the subject published several years ago, but, ultimately failed for lack of large enough audience (in publishing terms, we are very few). One thing, however, was certain. No agent or publisher would even look at something I wrote alone. It didn't matter that I was a published writer, a victim of ARD, and someone who has found ways to successfully manage the disorder. I had no credibility without the backing of Dr. Wiseman, the known professional in the field of ARD. I can't imagine that television would be any different in that regard.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: