Re: pain due to possible adhesions

Fri Feb 13 10:22:31 2009

I came across this site looking into some ideas that keep being asked by my Dr's. "Could I have adhesions and how many surgeries have I had?" I have had 4. 3 laperoscopies in which they went in through the naval and abdomin for endometriosis, fibroids and cysts. They took my appendix while there and than the last was a full hysterectomy leaving one overy for hormones due to my age.

I have struggles for a year worsening the last 6 months with chronic abdominal pain, fullness, burning and nausea if I lay on my right side or flat.

I have had CT, Colonoscopy. AB X ray and finally a Upper GI with small bowel follow through. I have yet to get the upper GI results but am concerned it will be another " WE cant find anything"? Could there be a real connection between my GI problems and Adhesions?

I must admit the worst pain is at the naval which was the primary site of 3 surgeries and near the other areas in close proxemity to other surgical entry points. I just wonder If I am going into debt with tests that will never find the problem?

I know no one is a dr but maybe someone can share their thoughts or experience with me on this. The constant pain is wearing on me in all areas of my life.

I have also tried 4+ months of accupuncture to treat My GI pain with no resolution.

I am looking for hope. Thanks for listening-KC

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: