Re: Painless leg edema in both legs that comes and goes

Wed Feb 11 10:02:33 2009

I have been through Lymph testing, heart, etc. I finally had a test on the veins in leg. The deep veins were not working properly. The valves were not pushing the blood back out. I have swelling with rash, skin cracking etc.. I had surgery two weeks ago. They took out one of the main veins. The other vein is supposed to take over. They did lazer surgery. They only did one leg to see if it would help. It's still swelling but I will go back for a post-op check up tomorrow. You might have them do a lymph check and a ultrasound on your veins. I would recommend to have the venous ultrasound first. The Lymph test they did was very painful. They shot dye in between my toes and it felt like they were shoving a rod up my leg. I can tolerate a lot of pain but that was horrible. The good thing is that it didn't last long. I asked why they didn't give me something to relax and they said it was such a short test that it would take longer to set up an IV. It was horrible. I am on Lasix 80mg a day and they said you must wear support hose every day.

So, you might buy some hose and try that. You also might look up some naturopathic for edema or have your doctor give you a rx for Lasix. They told me to be extra careful about injury's. Be careful shaving etc.... They said it was possible that the adhesions caused it but people without adhesions can get it. When I went back last week, I had developed a blood clot close to the other vein so I am on aspirin therapy. Kelly P.S. My right hand is now starting to swell. Go figure.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Fred<mailto:ipedal311@yahoo.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:27 AM Subject: RE: Painless leg edema in both legs that comes and goes

The edema would result if adhesions entwine venous blood return or lymphatic return from the legs. I still don't know what to do about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------  From: adhesions@adhesions.org<mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org> [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of krdfld@aol.com<mailto:krdfld@aol.com>
  Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:31 AM
  To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
  Subject: Re: Painless leg edema in both legs that comes and goes

I have bilateral leg edema, my right is worse. I also have a rash on my legs from the edema. I've had it for years and I'm a 22 year suffer of adhesions. No doctor can explain the edema though. Kathi

-----Original Message----- From: Fred <ipedal311@yahoo.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 1:48 pm Subject: Painless leg edema in both legs that comes and goes

Are there non surgical forms of treatment for abdominal adhesions? Has anyone had complications where the lower legs swell but without pain? Mine do but they wax and wane. Both legs are affected though the left leg is worse. Sometimes there is almost no swelling. This all started about a year after laparoscopic surgery to repair a hernia.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1218694775x1201253752/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgIDb%26bcdþbemailfooterNO62>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: