Back pain & adhesions...

Sun Feb 8 13:55:46 2009

Hello everyone, I have been a long time ARD sufferer and have posted my stories on this forum many times in the past. Unfortunately as you all know, our stories seem to constantly change. I have had 10 surgeries, 9 of them for adhesions & related problems. My problems started after I had a tubal ligation. About a year or so after that surgery I had a ruptured tubal/ectopic pregnancy. It has been a nightmare. I also so suffer from interstitial cystitis, fibromyalgia, spina bifida occulta which led to disc herniations. I have had several bowel obstructions, and have a great deal of back pain. When I obstruct the majority of my pain is in my back. It is vital to keep things moving when you have intestinal adhesions. I take flax seed oil and follow a strict diet. My last 2 surgeries were with Dr. Redan and I trust him completely. I know this disease we suffer from is not only physically devastating but can cripple you emotionally as well. My source of strength is knowing there are people like me, trying to have some quality of life, trying to know when to have the next surgery because you know in your heart it probably won't be your last. Having surgery is the last thing we want to do, but for some it is the only treatment when your intestines are bound by these aliens as I call them. I wish you all the best in your fight and your right to have a life, Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: