Re: Adhesions and weight: Is there a connection?

Wed Feb 4 23:21:08 2009

I am shocked at your doctor. I have never encountered any evidence of what she said to you.

Also I am a very active person when possible and it hasn't detered any of my adhesions. I do believe that it can help to keep adhesions stretched out to avoid further pain, however it can be so painful to do that.

I have suffered now since 1997 and 8 ab surgeries later. I have been gutted (all is gone) inc. Gall bladder and appx. My last adhesion surgery put me in the hospital with a perforated bowel. Yes, I barely made it out of that. That was my second bowel surgery. Tues. I go to my surgeon to discuss fixing my hernia and taking down some adhesions that kill me. My adhesions are so bad that they believe they are pushing my intestines up and "glueing" it to my ab wall to the pt that it is pushing through. I am so worried that my bowel will require another resection. So far nothing compares to that recovery. I also can't afford to lose more intestine without needing a bag and other issues.

I really appreciate knowing there are others out there who understand but it makes me so sad. I am 35 and have a 6 year adopted daughter. I lost my job due to absences and now face major financial issues. If it wasn't for her I just couldn't take it anymore with everything. I don't want to be a downer, but I am not convinced of a light at the end of the tunnel. I just pray that our message gets out there so we can get the respect for our condition and the relief we have desperately needed. I have been to some great doctors in St. Louis and Atlanta... But I am worse than ever.

My advice at looking back. Avoid surgery if at all possible, stretch everday, use heat, take baths, find a great holistic chiropractor, take Ultram ER for decent daily 24 hour relief, and find a doctor who really cares for your well being. This all helps me get by. My daughter is what I continue to live for. I feel your pain out there.

Kelly (former Endometriosis sufferer) ------Original Message------ From: KatieSender: adhesions@adhesions.org To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS ReplyTo: adhesions@adhesions.org Subject: Adhesions and weight: Is there a connection? Sent: Feb 1, 2009 11:13 PM

I was talking to a nurse last week at my GYN's office and she said that they predominately see more adhesions in overweight women than they do in thin women. If this is true, how is that most women that complain about adhesion pain are rail thin because they can't eat??? Are they heavier before and then lose the weight because of the adhesions/digestive problems?

Also, she said that sedentary lifestyles add to adhesion problems but from what I have read on here, women give up exercising and the like BECAUSE of all the pain from the adhesions.

I'm so confused.

Katie

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: