Re: So sad. So discouraged.

Tue Feb 3 21:03:10 2009

Almost all of my pain is upper. The pain I have in my pelvic region is from distention because I have adhesions on my bowels that cause me to bloat. When I am not bloated I don't have pain in the lower region.

I had my gallbladder removed almost 13 years ago and was fine for the longest. Then I had an appendectomy 4 years ago and seemed "okay" for a couple of years. Two years ago I started having all kinds of GI issues and was told it was Sphincter of Oddi and had a bile duct stent placed and then removed 30 days later. (This was done via Endoscopy, not open incision or lap.) I have had pancreatitis 5 times in 3 years but have never been a drinker or a smoker.

I have had nothing but problems ever since. I can't sit for more than 30 minutes and then I start to feel this awful pain like someone is shoving a football up into my chest. Then when I stand up, every nerve ending in my upper abdomen is on fire. After it tones down, there is an awful aching pain that lasts until bed. I do get relief when I sleep but only to have it start over the next day. Doc thinks my stomach may be attached to abdominal wall and they know that I have bowel/colon adhesions. He suspects it is from my gallbladder surgery and just took 8-10 years to finally catch up with me.

He also believes that if I let Redan or anyone else take the adhesions down, they will return full-force.

--
Katie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: