Re: adhesions & surgery

Mon Feb 2 18:04:41 2009

Hi Lilma, I had two surgeries with Dr. Redan but they didn't stop the adhesions from returning. He removed my navel during the last surgery in 2004 ...I didn't know it at the time but he could have made me a fake looking navel. I've contacted Dr. Redan to see if he is using SprayShield/SprayGel and if so, the success rate of it stopping adhesions from reforming. As far as I know, he has performed more of these surgeries than any other doctor in the U.S. He was Dr. Reich's general surgeon for many years so he learned from the pioneer of Laparoscopic Surgery. I read one of his comments where he said that regardless of whether the surgery is done open or laparoscopically, adhesions still can return. I just hope that this new stuff that is being used has a high percentage of success; otherwise, one has to face adhesions returning and sometimes, as in my case, with a vengeance. In other words, I am in no better condition than I was before having the first of many surgeries. Two of my surgeries were for hernias. Mesh didn't work in repairing my hernia. I had to have DuraMater placed in my abdomen to hold my abdomen wall securely.

I will pray that your surgery is a success and you will be pain free.

God Bless. Linda

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Lilma8@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 5:49 PM Subject: Re: adhesions & surgery

I am flying to Florida on Feb. 16 for surgery on the 19th by Dr. Redan. I would encourage anyone to go to http://www.adhesionscenter.com to check it out. There is also an adhesion group on facebook.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------  No virus found in this incoming message.
  Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
  Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.12/1911 - Release Date: 1/23/2009 7:28 AM

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: