'nerve entrapment', pain after vaginal repair

Fri Jan 30 09:35:03 2009

the test for "nerve entrapment" is invasive,painful and dangerous. And it only proves that a nerve is sending pain signals, in my humble opinion, AND there is nothing that can be done about "nerve entrapment" I have added this "diagnosis" and the need for the "diagnostic testing" to the list of test that prove nothing - upper and lower GI testing, irritable bowel, stress, psychiatric disorders, etc.

YES! there can be pain after vaginal repair and bladder tacking. Especially after the surgery was needed because of the massive amounts of adhesion in the cul-de-sac. I have adhesions that pull my bladder out of place, have tightened the vaginal opening, and for a couple of years after vaginal repair caused shooting pains in my vulva and vagina. It finally backed off, thank goodness.

The bladder issue just is what it is and when I am inflammed inside it takes forever to void my bladder - I have to move around like a yoga master on the pot to make sure that everything is out. This is one of the many problems that I just live with - and laugh about - "i gotta go pee - see you in an hour or two" hahahahahahaha)- and I keep a book in the bathroom or take my knitting with me.

Keep the vaginal tissue as healthy as possible - ask your gyn for estrogen cream of a vaginal lubricant to keep the tissue elastic - have lots of sex.

"nerve entrapment" diagnosis is a way for a physician to avoid performing surgery for lysis of adhesions, or at least delaying the surgery while the patient goes through more testing for problems CAUSED by adhesions not the cuase of the pain we feel. IMHO

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: