Re: Passion and anger

Wed Jan 28 03:10:35 2009

Well said, Mark. Is there really an MRI that shows adhesions? Wow! You know, Endometriosis doesn't show up on regular MRIs or CATs either. I wonder if it would show up on this new kind of MRI too. Sometimes, especially when I'm in pain- I just want to veg and not even research anymore-been that way since this last surgery. And if I talk to one more doctor that doesn't believe me, I may have to just go postal(no offense to any postal workers)! Maybe it would be better channeled by writing a nice letter to our new Surgeon General. Thanks. Wishing Pain-Free Days to Us All! Christi My mom told me that it was like I had kudzu growing in me....best description yet for adhesions and endo! -------Original Message------- From: Mark in Seattle Date: 1/28/2009 2:40:20 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Passion and anger I'll say this: I think Diana, in her passion, has a point. If there is anyone here who has not done something to channel their disappointment and anger into something constructive, then I don't think you have a leg to stand on to complain. I think writing to Oprah is a fine idea. Another idea is to write a letter to the US Surgeon General. Tell him we're confused by scientific studies. What does the science tell us about adhesiolysis? Is it working? I've seen a study that says it has a success rate between 46 to 87 percent. ( World Journal of Surgery, March 2006) Can you pin that rate down a little more? Is it closer to 46 percent or closer to 87 percent? Office of the Surgeon General 5600 Fishers Lane Room 18-66 Rockville, MD 20857 Being angry is good if it motivates you to do something that is uncomfortable or difficult. Being angry with each other, however, is probably energy that is misdirected. Being angry at doctors is closer to the target. It's not a bulls-eye. But it's closer to it. I'm surprised we're not discussing the breaking news about the Functional MRI test for adhesions. Isn't anyone excited that we may now have something that we can use to show doctors that this disease is real? Granted it may not be perfect, but it's something tangible. That could make all the difference in terms of funding research. Now we can measure if something is working. Proof. It's what makes science, science. Now may be the best time to kick down some doors. It might actually get a response. Citation: Sonja Buhmann-Kirchhoff, Reinhold Lang, Chlodwig Kirchhoff, Heinrich Otto Steitz, Karl Walter Jauch, Maximilian Reiser and Andreas Lienemann, European Radiology, June 2008, Functional cine MR Imaging for the Detection and Mapping of Intraabdominal Adhesions: Method and Surgical Correlation Yours, -- Mark in Seattle

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: