Fw: Re: Fw: Hi

Tue Jan 27 22:34:21 2009

--- On Wed, 1/28/09, D. Tigoudar <tammiezemail@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: D. Tigoudar <tammiezemail@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: Fw: Hi To: "Bob Harris" <1351harr@bellsouth.net> Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 12:17 AM

i am so surprised to see any hostility on this pposting board, i all the years I have been a member Ive never seen anything like this. Pain can do so much to each and everytone of us. I know that it eats away at me and I take it out on the closest people around me but not the with the people that share my pain. Everyones case is different and we all get relief from the pain in different ways. All We have is each other, Ive been to doctors that dont even know how to treat us. We need to make it our mission, every single one of us to bring awareness to our condition, SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY there will come a day when people will not have ti suffer the way we do with by finding ways to get our condition out there. Lets all try to focus on that!   Wishing you all painfree days and nights, Tammie

--- On Wed, 1/28/09, Bob Harris <1351harr@bellsouth.net> wrote:

From: Bob Harris <1351harr@bellsouth.net> Subject: Fw: Hi To: tammiezemail@yahoo.com Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 12:01 AM

>----- Original Message -----
From: Debbie Baranes To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:39 PM Subject: Re: Hi

I truly hope that can be the end of this topic. Lets get back to getting the word out and finding a cure!!!! Take what you need and leave the rest!!!!  THE END, I hope

--- On Tue, 1/27/09, Karynn <keltic@cox.net> wrote:

From: Karynn <keltic@cox.net> Subject: Re: Hi To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 6:23 PM

No-one is "dumping" on DeLayne.  But you don't tell someone on a site for sick people to "get over themselves" or for that matter "not to be so sensitive".  That is what this forum is for in addition to providing advice, it's a place to vent frustrations with an illness that has no cure and an illness that takes different people different ways.  That is the lesson that needs to be taken from this, we are each individuals, with an individual's perceptions and abilities.  YES, "this condition" HAS taken over people's lives and in some instances, it has actually taken their lives completely.  What is gold for you is poison to another. NO, it's not wrong to share your insights but it IS WRONG to tell another person to "get over it" and to "talk to me when you've had this disease for 25 years" as DeLayne did.  You're not drill sergeants and we are not your recruits.  That "kick butt and take initials" stuff make work for some people, but on a majority of people who have just discovered they have something serious, and in a majority of cases seriously awful are not ready for tough love, they just need love and understanding.  You don't force feed hope. Compassion is another valuable weapon in your arsenal against adhesions.  Sharing what helps you might help someone else and it might not, they might not be able to use your advice, they might be bitter about that.  Disease and anger and bitterness...wow, there is a concept.  A positive attitude is crucial to handling any crisis but you have to get there.  Being berated for not having a positive attitude is not exactly helpful and can cause a LOT more harm.  You don't kick someone when they're down and say "you aint hurt, get up" if they can't walk, now do you?  That's not positive, that's sadistic. We have to be kind to one another, we have to be gentle, we're battling much more than just an illness and we need each other...at least I think we do...that's why we're on here isn't it?  No-one should be afraid to say "I CAN'T DO THAT!!!"  and for every suggestion there are going to be those "who can't do that".  You can chose to think it's because they "won't" but telling them so won't help them and it's not helping you and it's definitely NOT helping this forum.  I have never seen so many people leaving and I understand their frustration.  Sabrina and Caroline, Talk to me...now, 25 years from now, when ever you wish.  I have been in that situation of unable to do much of anything, when each day was a struggle...  It got better for me.  I hope it can for you as well, I would be happy to share my story with you or at least the "got better" parts.  Some may be of use to you, some may not help at all but I offer you this unconditionally, and all of you unconditionally, I commiserate, I hurt, I have what you have, though I may not feel it like you do, I am here to listen.  I will offer what advice has worked for me but I will know I'm not going to have all the answers and you better believe when someone is being put down and told to "get over it" I'm going to say something...every. single. time.. I'm also going to say your zen thing?  I get that;)  and so will other people, but not immediately.  Be patient with yourselves, with each other and remember we're all in the same boat, we just have different...err..oars. And Jan, I think a lot of your advice is brilliant but you have to remember, we have to pick ourselves up BEFORE we can dust ourselves off and sometimes we need a hand up, or a lended ear. Sincerely, Karynn

Jan Finley wrote:

#yiv989436346 #yiv51101256 #yiv516285675 DIV { MARGIN:0px;}

You're welcome, DeLayne. I think there was a misunderstanding, and we all should acknowledge that and move on.   I for one admire your positive attitude about not letting the condition take over your life. That was precisely the point I was trying to make. We need not just be active on message boards, but in our daily living.  I am fully committed to, and fully believe in, the benefits of exercise - as much as one can do - and am glad you are too.   Now, everyone - Since DeLayne has told us her story, could we all please stop dumping on her? She was making a suggestion she thought would be helpful..   Jan  

From: Jay & DeLayne Reichman To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 10:58 PM Subject: Re: Hi

Thanks Jan!  I was trying to give Linda some encouragement about wanted to do something starting tomorrow.  And thought she might feel better doing something at home than going out.   DeLayne

From: Jan Finley <seasipping1@charter.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 9:33:04 PM Subject: Re: Hi

#yiv989436346 #yiv51101256 #yiv516285675 .hmmessage P { PADDING-RIGHT:0px;PADDING-LEFT:0px;PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;MARGIN:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;} #yiv989436346 #yiv51101256 #yiv516285675 { FONT-SIZE:10pt;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana;}

Sabrina,   You should try not to be so sensitive. This is a site where we all share opinions, and what works for one may not for another. DeLayne did not even say if she has adhesions, so maybe she was just trying to create a fuss - or a Wii works for her, and she didn't mean to impose her method on you.   Jan

From: Sabrina Parks To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 10:13 PM Subject: Re: Hi

please remove me from your email list. Get a wii?  My hysterectomy and C-section caused me to NOT be able to do activities anymore. I wish I could, then I would get a wii, or wait maybe I would skip the wii and just go for a walk with my husband or teach my child how to ride a bike or go shopping for my own groceries....get a wii....sigh:(  

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:02:44 -0600 From: j-dreichman@sbcglobal.net To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net Subject: Re: Hi

#yiv989436346 #yiv51101256 #yiv516285675 .ExternalClass DIV {}

Get a Wii!!  Play at your own pace.  Don't know if you know, but they are putting them in nursing homes to help the elderly and it is working they say.   DeLayne

From: Linda <lindahalford@comcast.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 8:39:25 PM Subject: Re: Hi

I really need to hear this because I've been lying around depressed, not exercising or doing anything much.  I'm going to take your advice and get out of bed starting tomorrow!

From: Kelly Murray To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:11 AM Subject: Re: Hi

Jan, You are correct about physical activity.  I started Jazzercise a year ago and it has helped me.  Of course there are days that I can't go but I try to go at least 2 to 3 times a week. The strong colon cleanses may not be for everyone.  When I have used them, my stomached was very very sore from the adhesions pulling but a mild one seems to do okay. After being on this site for a few years, it seems that the people that stay in bed have the worst pain and depression.  You have to try and live a semi-normal life the best you can.

From: Jan Finley To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 6:12 PM Subject: Hi

From: Jan Finley To: adhesions@adhesions.org Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 8:03 PM Subject: Fw: colon cleanses, etc.

The below came back to me as spam and I am trying to resend it.   Jan  

From: Jan Finley To: msziggy45@gmail.com Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 12:33 AM Subject: colon cleanses, etc.

You can do your own colon cleanse with hardly any expense. The one I use involves Epsom salts, olive oil and lemon juice all in various degrees depending upon your particular profile. There are premixed ones found in health food stores, but I would not dare recommend what might be best for you. There are many websites that you might research...Just type "colon cleanse" into your search engine and Voila! - You will be able to sort out the genuine from the wackos, I hope.   The first time I used the "natural one" based on an alternative med suggestion, I thought it was going to about kill me before the benefits of it were over, and I have never used that strong a dosage since. But, WOW, it worked! If you go for that, be prepared NOT to go out of your house for a while, from 4 to 12 hours.   As for as rebounding is concerned, I found it coincidentally when I was looking as an alternative to road running on days it was too cold to go outside. In spite of my condition, I firmly believe in staying active. Rebounding has many benefits, not the least of which keeps things moving in the intestinal track, as well as loosening the areas where the adhesions are most painful. Another method I use to get relief is to use one of those large exercise balls and, lying backwards, extend the torso as far as possible, thus stretching the entire abdominal area. It is not for the "faint of heart", but both methods really work if you stick with it - and can stand the initial discomfort. Eventually, you find that your condition has improved, though never gone - It can hit you sometimes when you feel as if you've done EVERYTHING right- but you just pick yourself up, dust off and keep trying.   One other thing that you, or someone else, mentioned....You can get a Homedics (or other brand) self-massager and use it in the area where you are having the most obstruction. Once again, this is not a cure (I doubt there will be anytime soon, as it is not cost-effective condition for physicians to treat), but it can provide some relief.   Over a 25-year period, during which most physicians would not even acknowledge that a condition such as ours existed, I have had to improvise my own methods of relief. Staying physically active has worked best for me, but I know that is not the answer for everyone.   After posting my last message re: "Oprah", I got to thinking that there are few celebs, including Oprah, who would take up our cause, because it has no "glamour", and the embarrassing side effects we all have would make it difficult for a lot of us to "go public", as it were. I'll still give my "two cents" to bring awareness, but I am skeptical to say the least, because most people who take on causes want a "happy ending"......   In any case, I encourage you -and everyone- to be, continue to be active, not just in bringing attention to our plight, but staying as physically active beyond what you think you can stand. - Don't want to go all "Zen" on you, but go into your pain, become a partner, rather than resist - It will serve you well when it strikes unexpectedly.  And stay healthy in your other "parts".   Be glad to have your family and friends, and take comfort in their being.  Be glad for the adhesions website, and know there is always comfort here - and often good advice.   You take care, too.   Jan  

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.13/1916 - Release Date: 1/26/2009 7:08 AM

Windows Live™ Hotmail®:…more than just e-mail. Check it out.

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.14/1918 - Release Date: 1/27/2009 7:26 AM

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: