Re: another possible solution to our adhesions

Tue Jan 27 07:09:47 2009

I believe you might be talking about "Visceral Massage". Visceral literally means "organ" and I have been researching it for about 3 months now. There is no one in my area that does it but the funny thing is, I found out that you can indeed, do it on yourself!

I have been doing this on my abdomen for 15 minutes in the a.m./15 in the p.m. (that is all I can tolerate right now), and although I am sore afterwards, I believe that it has helped. There is one area in particular on the upper right side that is no longer painful when I sit for more than 15 minutes. I don't know if I have stretched the adhesion or broken it loose. Breaking it free would be the ideal thing but I have no way of knowing, of course.

I too, encourage everyone with ARD to research this and if you can afford to have someone do it on you, I think you should give it a shot.

Hugs to all.

--
Katie

At Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Natrlady21@aol.com wrote: > >Hey folks, > >I have another suggestion if you are willing to spend the money. There is a >special massage treatment center that specilizes in all kinds of internal >adhesions. The name of the facility is The Myofacial Release Treatment center. >It is located in Paoli, PA . John Barnes is a renown massage therapist and the >founder of this international facility. People from all over the world come >and see them. The beauty is there is no surgery to go through and they have >had a wonderful success rate. The idea behind this massage is that they are >able to soften up the connective tissue that has become hardened and adheres to >various organs. Everything will become looser and your organs will be able to >move again. As with any procedure, adhesions can still grow but the center >teaches you how to palpate the tissue yourself and avoid further pain. It >would have been nice if our docs had told us how to take care of adhesions after >surgery. Anyway, there are wonderful therapists to help you through this and >answer any questions you may have. I won't get into the cost but there is a >credit program that can help you with that. During the winter months they have >a 30% discount. It still costs a lot but pain hold no bars. I am going to >save up for this and do before my adhesions get too bad. If anyone trys this >please email us and let us know your success. There phone number is >800-327-2425 > >Karen A > >6bcdŽcemailfooterNO62)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: