Re: Hi

Mon Jan 26 19:00:19 2009

Jan,

I cannot agree more about staying active. I know that it's hard to do, especially when you feel like someone is literally ripping your guts out, but it is something you have to do. Or at least I have to do.

I do have bowel adhesions and problems staying "regular" but the hot water that I drink all day and the warm apple juice really do help with that. Also, I stay away from high fiber foods as they can make things worse. And lastly, I take 200 mg. of magnesium every night about an hour before bed. Magnesium is a muscle relaxer (without the side effects) but also acts as a mild laxative. It's a no-brainer because you would have to try really hard to overdose on Mag! lol!

I no longer have a thyroid, a gallbladder or an appendix but I still have my sense of humor. I tell everyone that knows me that when doctors finally find a way to remove that, then they can buy me a pine box ... I'll be checking out.

Hugs to you all.

--
Katie

At Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Jan Finley wrote: > >Over a 25-year period, during which most physicians would not even acknowledge that a condition such as ours existed, I have had to improvise my own methods of relief. Staying physically active has worked best for me, but I know that is not the answer for everyone. > >After posting my last message re: "Oprah", I got to thinking that there are few celebs, including Oprah, who would take up our cause, because it has no "glamour", and the embarrassing side effects we all have would make it difficult for a lot of us to "go public", as it were. I'll still give my "two cents" to bring awareness, but I am skeptical to say the least, because most people who take on causes want a "happy ending"...... > >In any case, I encourage you -and everyone- to be, continue to be active, not just in bringing attention to our plight, but staying as physically active beyond what you think you can stand. - Don't want to go all "Zen" on you, but go into your pain, become a partner, rather than resist - It will serve you well when it strikes unexpectedly. And stay healthy in your other "parts". > >Be glad to have your family and friends, and take comfort in their being. Be glad for the adhesions website, and know there is always comfort here - and often good advice. > >You take care, too. > >Jan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: