Re: waiting to live again

Mon Jan 26 10:23:10 2009

HI Katie, at age 24 I had a c-section, at 40 I had a tubule ligation with lyisis of minimal adhesion's, 2 months later I had an incisional hysterectomy, my ovary's were left in. May of the following year I had a hernia repair right side inguinal. In January of last year, I had a failed lap turned incisional,The doctors report read lyisis of extensive adhesion mostly to the right side, repair of an incarcerated hernia, and repair of a small bowel serosal tear.Total surgery's 6. I am very careful to keep my bowels moving. When the pain in the lower left first started I was asleep I woke up my boyfriend screaming from the pain. It hasn't gone away just becoming steadier as time goes by. It doesn't matter if I'm constipated or not its there and if I stretch my left leg it gets worse. Now I am 44 years old I have been curled up on my couch for the last 2 years. I did get 8-9 weeks of pain relief after the last surgery, I know its not much, but its better than nothing. I might have missed something, my story is on the quilt. I am so glad this sight is here it helps in decision making. Thank you!                                      Debbie B

--- On Mon, 1/26/09, Katie <katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Katie <katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com> Subject: Re: waiting to live again To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 4:53 PM

Hi, can you provide a bit more information? How many surgeries have you had? Have you had a hysterectomy? How bad were your adhesions? Any bowel strictures or re-sections? How old are you?

Thank you so much for your time and responses.

--
Katie

At Mon, 26 Jan 2009, sarah.wampler@yahoo.com wrote: > >I had surgery with Dr. Redan over 2 years ago and am a success story. I >have no pain. Good luck to you!

>At Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Katie wrote: >> >>How many people posting here have actually had surgery with Dr. Redan? >>How many are success stories? >> >>When I met with him late last year, one of the first things I asked him >>was, "how many of your patients (AFTER adhesion removal), have to return >>to you for follow-up and how many never return?" He told me that he's >>only had 2 patients come back with problems after he'd removed their >>adhesions. >> >>I have no idea what to think anymore. >> >>-- >>Katie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: