Re: Left sided pain

Sun Jan 25 12:13:30 2009

Good for you, Linda! I can't say that I take laxatives EVERY night, but the idea is to keep things moving in the abdomen. I don't do enemas either, but the occasional colon cleanse is quite beneficial, as is maintaining a healthy weight through EXERCISE, which I preach every time I infrequently post anything here. (Colon cleanses should not be used too often, as overuse can remove the good bateria the colon needs.)

Sometimes nothing works, like when I inadvertently eat cucumbers or corn, and the seeds or kernels get stuck in a particularly vulnerable area, and I just have to wait it out, use moist heat and try to shake the offending morsel out by REBOUNDING. (http://www.evolutionhealth.com/rebounding )

The bottom line is that, while we are waiting for most doctors to acknowledge that adhesions are a REAL medical condition, there are lifestyle changes we can take to make the pain and discomfort more bearable.

My pain is also on the left side because I had two consecutive surgeries in that area within 18 months of each other. Remember that every surgery causes more scar tissue.

I don't know anything about Dr. Redan, or about this supposedly miraculous SprayGel, but for those of us who do not live in large urban areas, neither option is available. In any case, I would want to know more about the percentage of success in both before trying either.

I think the "Oprah" idea is a great one, because the only way physicians are going to take us seriously is for this condition to get national attention.

Good luck to all.

Jan

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Linda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 1:17 PM Subject: Re: Left sided pain

I have to take 3 natural vegetable laxatives (like Ducolax or a store brand) every night, drink lots of water. At least once or twice a month give yourself an enema (like a colonics cleanse) using three bags of warm water (large hot water bottle) until the stool is clear. A nurse told me to do a coffee enema (search internet for instructions). I also drink warm prune juice before bedtime. Pain meds and the adhesions slow down our system. 20

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Debbie B To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 5:59 AM Subject: Left sided pain

Does any body else have throbing pain deep in the lower left side of the pelvic.This has been going on for a while. I went to the ER about it and the Doctor told me I needed to have a good bowel movement. He also handed me a referal to a surgeon. I dont have Insurance any longer so that didnt help much. I am a little scared about this, any ideas.I also wanted to confirm the site for finding out about trials related to adhesions is ClincalTrials.gov They are updating all the time. I seem to not meet the criteria for any of them, but Ill keep looking. The last thing I want to do is keep having surgery only to get 8/9 weeks without the pain that is caused by adhesions. Thanks to all who keep posting it realy does help to know your not alone.

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------    No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
    Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.13/1914 - Release Date:
1/24/2009 8:40 PM

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: