Re: bowel obstruction and fiber in diet

Fri Jan 2 17:30:19 2009

Teri, I think you need to try both diets and see which one works for you. Low fiber is better as your intesines don't have to work so hard but then you need that roughage for b.m.'s. High fiber can make your bowels move a lot and then you have pain because they are attached to other things. I hurt if I don't go to the bathroom regularly, but it kills me to go too. So, try both.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Teri Mickle<mailto:nyiluvu@aol.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 5:13 PM Subject: bowel obstruction and fiber in diet

At Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Margaret wrote: >
> Hi my name is Teri and i am so confused about what to do about the
> two small bowel obstruction attacks that I have had in the last 9
> months.

4 years ago I had an hysterectomy leaving only my ovaries. In April of 08 i had my first attack wher i was hospitalixed with a small bowel obstruction for which doctors said was due to my hysterectomy surgery. Dec 18 08 I was again hospitalized for 1 week for the same thing. I had the Ng tube in my nose and throat both times.

i am extremely grateful to God that my intestine unblocked itself andI did not have to have surgery. i am so against another surgery, because I knowthat only creates more surgey. I have been searching the internet for a solution of what I am doing wrong to cause the adhesions to atttach to my intestines. Some web sites say I should be on a high fiber diet and some say that i should be on a low fiber diet. Please give me some guidance and insight on how to head off another attack.

Thank you Teri Mickle

To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org<mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org> mailing list please go to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm<http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: