Yellow stool & diarrhea - related to adhesions??

Fri Sep 12 21:04:15 2008

For the past few months, I've been having bowel problems that I have assumed are caused by my adhesions (which were found during laparascopy in 2002 covering my abdomen).

But, lately, I've begun to wonder if there may be more to it. I go approximately 2-3 days with no movement (constipation with bad gas pain and cramping). Then suddenly I have diarrhea & my stool is a pale yellow color... and having bowel movements is very painful.

I've read up the last few days and discovered that the color of my stools is not good, but could mean a hundred different problems & no way to know until I see a doctor and have some tests. I have an appointment in a week & would prefer to wait for it.

But, I'm wondering if this is common to anyone with adhesions??? My stool was not yellow when I had the problem with adhesions and bowel impaction before... ???

I read about Celiac disease??? Have any of you been tested for that?? It seems so similar to what I've been going through, and I read many posts from people who had both adhesions and Celiac. ?????

God Bless! Amy

--
Amy
North Carolina

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: