I really need help new in here............

Sun Sep 7 19:59:32 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Christy Watson Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 9:26 PM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: I really need help new in here............

After my hysterectomy (due to adhesions) I tried the GI and general surgen, primary care route and hit a white wall of lab coats (and I suspect hiding behind them, lawyers)  In a last ditch effort I tried an OBgyn that had an email address on the website.....I was using my blackberry in bed at the time, felt so bad I didn't want to face the day.  I emailed back and forth and then got an appt... surgery scheduled the 11th.  He is going to use a vacumme pump to take the gas out whenever he cuts or cauterizes and also he uses sperafilm (sp:?) but instead of trying to place it, he grinds it and uses it as he used to use the spray-gel...which he agrees should have never been taken off the market. 

The only problem is he does not want to do anything above the pelvic area...which I am hoping they have not spread up in my abdomen, but at least if they are there they will be seen and documented and I am sure he would call in a consult if they are constricting things.

Christy

--- On Mon, 9/1/08, IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Subject: I really need help new in here............ To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 11:59 PM Sender: jetstamp@yahoo.com (AIRPLANE) Subject: Re: I really need help new in here............

Hi. I'm new here. Mostly I view and post on the IBS group website but thought I'd visit here as well. Seems like many people diagnosed with IBS actually have adhesion issues. I have good reason to suspect I am one of them but I can't even get a doctor to discuss this possibility nevermind attempt to treat it or even refer me to a pain clinic for it. There is a pain clinic not too far from where I live that deals with many issues- complex issues, pelvic pain but they require a referral from a primary physician.This pain clinic is SO CLOSE, yet SO FAR because I absolutely cannot get a physician to discuss adhesions as a possibility, PERIOD!

My issues began back in 1984 after an on-the-job incident. The job required heavy lifting, pushing and bending and at the end on one workday I bent over to pick something off of the floor I felt something in my lower right quadrant snap and then heard and felt a lot of fluid gushing around in the area. About two weeks later, it felt like my pelvic floor essentially collapsed and I developed severe, frequent diarrhea and pounding pelvic pain 24-7. I was passing huge amounts of foul gas almost constantly and my pelvic floor muscles were shot.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: