Need doctor in Western WIsconsin or St. Paul- Mpls, MN

Mon Sep 1 18:52:27 2008

I have seen that Wisconsin and Minnesota passed something that means the state recognizes adhesions. However, I still cannot locate a primary physician who will talk about adhesions even though there is good evidence I have this issue. I have read over on the IBS group bulletin board that someone referred herself to a surgeon. My insurance would not allow that if I knew of one anyway.

I just want a place to start. I need a primary doctor who I can see without a referral to just be willing to discuss adhesions and look at all of the options-pain clinics, whatever. (I am seeing my 2nd physical therapist in 2 years. Worth trying but may not be enough.)

I know these are difficult to treat but that is no excuse to deny they exist and can play a role in many conditions- namely the catch-all lazy cop-out diagnosis of IBS that doctors so love using! My first physical therapist mentioned that there was some kind of injection they could give you to prevent adhesions if you did have surgery but she did not name it and I've seen no mention of it but would like to be able to discuss all options with a physician. Thanks for reading my post!

Again, if you have any names for St. Paul, Mpls. MN or western Wisconsin, a 'primary type' who I can see without a referral I'd love to know!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: