Nasty surgery prep, HELP!

Wed Aug 13 12:40:41 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of jmoore4877@aol.com Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 3:28 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Nasty surgery prep, HELP!

I use fleet prep kit 2.  It has a very small amount to drink and then the rest is pills and suppository.  Used ut severak times.  Ask your pharmacist if it is not on the shelf at the drug store.

-----Original Message----- From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 7:18 pm Subject: Nasty surgery prep, HELP! From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of krdfld@aol.com Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 11:17 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Nasty surgery prep, HELP!

Have you asked the doctor if he could subscribed you compazine or phenergan for the nausea? The do come in a suppository also but I don't think that would help if your doing a bowel prep. Also use babywipes to keep clean gentle ones and vaseline can help. I always end up vomiting too. I have called the doctor and they told me not to drink the rest. If your not producing anything but clear liquids, they said I didn't need to drink the rest, thank god. Hope this helps. Just remember your not alone. Kathi

-----Original Message----- To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 9:45 pm Sender: stacygilmore@wowway.com (Stacy) Subject: Nasty surgery prep, HELP!

I am so grateful to have found this site! I am having my 14th (I think, who can keep track) surgery next week. I have already had a complete hysterectomy a few years ago. I had stage four severe endo. My last surgery was only 10 months ago. I am 33 years old and feel like my body is so old. I have been having chronic kidney pain, along with my abdominal, pelvic pain. I have had every test known to man and my kidney shows no issues. On this board I have seen some postings about kidney pain and adhesions! THANK YOU! I am not crazy, as they make me feel if I go to the ER. I think that they think I am just seeking drugs. I do take Vicodin daily, but not in excessive doses. I usually don't even take as much as I could for one day. This surgery next week, my Dr (whom I love) is going to try a barrier. He says he doesn't have a lot of faith in them, but we'll try anything at this point! My problem is, the bowel prep for surgery makes me so sick. Clear diet for three days prior to surgery. The day before I have to drink that God awful stuff to clean out my bowels. It always makes me end up vomiting. Then I dehydrate. Last time I had to go to the ER the night before my surgery to get an IV for fluids, and I just stayed the night. Does anyone have any tips for an easy bowel prep? I am so bad a t making myself drink nasty things, I get nauseous just thinking about it. Why can't there just be a pill? Thinks for your help!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: