Re: trying to get help-WENDY

Fri Jul 11 19:41:53 2008

Wendy, I know there is a surgeon there that operates on adhesions. A friend of my aunt had it done there. I went to the University of Minnesota one time. Maybe you could check with them. I have gone to Mayo in Mn and Az and was not impressed with their knowledge of adhesions. Kelly

-------------------------------------------------- From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> -------------------------------------------------- Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 3:49 PM

--
--------------------------------------------------
To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
Subject: trying to get help

> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf > Of > WendyEbbe3@aol.com > Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 11:55 PM > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > Subject: Re: trying to get help > > Hey All, > I'm in Minnesota the home of the so called famous Mayo Clinic and so far I > can't find a surgeon willing to even try operating on me. My last three > surgeries the Dr. did a laparotomy instead of laporoscopy. I can't handle > getting cut wide open again I wan to find a surgeon that can do it through > laporoscopy. My regular Dr. tried to get me into the mayo clinic twice and > they said they couldn't do anything for me. The surgeon I had last said > she > would call the Mayo Clinic and they would call me but so far I have not > heard anything. The one thing I do know is that I can not go on like this > for much longer. Anyone know of a skilled surgeon in MN? I wish everyone > the best of health and hope that one day they will find a cure and we can > all be pain free. > Wendy > > Subj: > Re: trying to get help > Date: > 6/22/2008 11:34:28 P.M. Central Daylight Time > From:carynlruzich@comcast.net > To: > adhesions@mail.obgyn.net > Sent on: > > Terri, > > Never stop trying to find help! > > And I know how you feel about changing surgeons. I had a surgeon from the > time I was 17 for about 30 years, then he retired. The partners in his > practice were not as skilled as Dr. T, so they wouldn't touch me. One even > had the nerve to tell me "They (surgeons) don't fix adhesions". I was > furious and grateful at the same time. > > Surgeons are very finicky about removing adhesions. After about 20 > surgeries (give or take), the majority for adhesions, I know one thing for > sure . . . whoever you chose as a surgeon, be sure he is highly skilled. > Adhesion surgeries are extremely difficult and if you get the impression > that surgeons don't want to operate, it's not because they don't want to > help you, it's because they don't want to hurt or kill you. > > I. unfortunately, was almost killed by an inexperienced surgeon and now, > thanks to a colorectal surgeon, now have the doctor who pioneered the > lapraoscopic removal of the gall bladder. Dr. H is one of the most > respected surgeons in the Detroit metropolitan area and he is my surgeon. > So please. never stop trying to find the best! > > Best of Luck! > > Caryn >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: