Re: Lower Back, Hip, Pelvic Pain following appendectomy/peritonitis

Fri Jul 11 19:24:18 2008

Hello,

I have Fibromyalgia so I suffer with chronic pain throughout my body BUT, with this said, I had a hysterectomy, partial plus my right fallopian tube was removed. Since this surgery, whenever I feel like I may need to have a bowel movement and even before I feel the urge come on, I get severe lower burning back pain. I would like to know what causes it myself. I also have pinching, maybe a bit cramping constant pain in my lower tummy, more so in my groins, especially my right, which happens to be the side the fallopian tube was removed as well. Dr.'s tell me they think it's the Fibro but I am concerned about adhesions or something else. I had a Barium Enema an a small colon polyp was found so I have to go for a Colonoscopy where they will check it out and remove the polyp then send it for a biopsy. Noone else in my family has had colon polyps so it isn't inherited which is weird plus no history of colon cancer. Also, I am only 37 so I'm a bit younger than the average person who gets polyps my Dr. said. I get some bleeding during bowel movements most times I go. I have degenerative discs, have for the past 6 years or so plus, 2 herniated discs in my neck but cannot see any connection between those and pain in my lower back. The discs, yes, I understand the pain it can cause in my lower back but my Dr. doesn't talk about it. All I ever hear is Fibro as explanations. I am still quite concerned. After I have a bowel movement, alot of times the pain in my lower back lessons which is good but this being an everyday pain upsets me. My Dr. thinks I suffer with IBS, Irritable Bowel Syndrome which often accompanies Fibro but he doesn't discuss this either. He did mention Adhesions but it was a short conversation. Can nothing be done about adhesions without causing possible more adhesions from the surgery to remove them?

--
Hugs, Shawna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: