Surgeon in North Florida

Fri Jun 20 20:46:59 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of jeannec1@optonline.net Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 7:45 AM Subject: Re: Surgeon in North Florida

I had my gall bladder removed in 1989 and developed terrible adhesions from it. Several times I had laproscopic surgury to cut the adhesions. Each time there were less and less new ones, and now I no longer suffer from adhesions in the gall bladder area. I would like to say that was the end of the story but I still suffer from pelvic adhesions.

I don't think that anyone who has never had adhesions can imagine all the suffering that they cause. Doctors who say   "Adhesions don't cause pain" do not know what they are talking about. All of us here know only too well that adhesions DO cause pain.

I have been lucky because I have found a surgeon that actually listens to me and went in a couple of weeks ago and cut the pelvic adhesions that he described as "lots and Lots"  Prior to this surgery I had been pain free for five years since my last lapropcopic surgery for adhesions.

I think one of the things that make having adhesions so difficult is that there is NO test that a Doctor can do to see them. They do not show up on cat scans, ultrasounds, etc. If they did , we would not have to deal with Doctors who don't believe the pain is real. Perhaps if a lot more Doctors suffered from adhesions they would do more to help.

>----- Original Message -----
From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" Date: Monday, June 2, 2008 9:13 pm Subject: Surgeon in North Florida To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS

> Sender: jackie9089@comcast.net (Jackie)
> Subject: Surgeon in North Florida
>
> If someone knows of a surgeon in the Jacksonville, Fl area who
> specializes in adhesion removal please, please tell me his/her
> name. I
> am 60 years old and have had 4 major abdominal surgeries (all before
> 1985) and gall bladder removal 12 years ago, and have suffered
> from pain
> from adhesions for years. It has progressively gotten worse and
> is now
> controlling my life. I have pain all in the abdominal area, but
> am most
> incapacitated by the pain in my upper right side, often get
> scared it is
> something else, like liver cancer. I've had CT's, upper GI, and
> panendoscopy and my doctor says it's most likely pain from scar tissue
> but doesn't recommend surgery because it won't do any good. At this
> point I don't care what he says, I need help desperately.
> Please email
> me directly if you know of someone, as I don't often have a
> chance to
> check the board.
> Thank you,
> Jackie
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: