Re: Lifetime of adhesions-Mary

Mon May 5 12:13:32 2008

Mary, I wish that adhesions were more "out there." Then I think that there would be more research and the public would push for more. I know how you feel. I try to do everything a "normal person" does and it wears me down. I think

the busier we can stay, the better we feel. I have been going to an exercise class for nine months now and I think it helps a little. Of course

I have to miss some classes as I have bad days. If there is an exercise I can't do because of the pain, I don't do it or I adjust it. I know we have to get out of bed every day even though it is nice to just rest. I hope you do this. I am having additional problems now. I have a bad case of edema in my legs which began about 6 months ago. Now they don't know what is causing it. Guessing that it may be from the adhesions, the surgeries for the adhesions etc...It was hard enough to get an diagnosis for adhesions and now I have to

go through so much testing for the edema. It's funny, some drs. tell us to eat a lot of fiber and I tell them it hurts

too much. Of course we have the bowel problems of not "going" for a week too. Hang in there and just know that there are a lot others out there that are feeling as you do. I think at times that maybe having the obstructions "poison" our bodies but I don't know. Please don't worry about cancer. Right now work on helping yourself feel better. Are you on pain meds regularly? Are you on an anti-depressent? These are things that can help. I admire you for putting up with the adhesions for 59 years!! Kelly

-------------------------------------------------- From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> -------------------------------------------------- Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 10:35 PM

--
--------------------------------------------------
To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
Subject: Lifetime of adhesions

> Sender: maryjeffrey821@yahoo.com (mary) > Subject: Lifetime of adhesions > > Hello, my name is Mary and since I was two days (my first > surgery-Unknow) I have been dealing with small bowel abstructions due to > adhesions. > I am 59 yrs. old and have had several surgerys since birth which has > cause more adhesions.They tell me that my bowel is stuck and not free > moving,so I should not eat alot of fiber. I am in the hospital at least > once a year for 3-5 days. The usual treatment-ng tube,pain meds, and > intervenious.In 1988 I was in seven times which had extreme stress on my > family. > There were and still are times I just want to crawl in ahole and stay > there. I have missed out on so many hoildays with my children and > family because of my problem.I have cronic pain, I can't lift any thing > heavy,the pain at times makes me extremely tired.I do my best every day > to go on with life, never knowing when I will be going to the hospital > again,the attacks come on that quickly.I feel for everyone who is > dealing with adhesions, they are real and very painful.Over the years I > have tryed diets, stress relievers,how I move and lift things, it > doesn't matter, the adhesions are there and when they want to attack > they do. > This time in my life I think of cancer(my father died of colon > cancer)and all the problems I have had over the years with my bowels and > adhesions, will I get colon cancer. My doctors tell me no,my > obstuctions have noithing to do with cancer, sometimes you wonder.How > much stress can my body and bowels take. > If there is anyone who would like to talk about there adhesion problems, > I am here, I know first hand what your going threw.Good Luck and God > Bless You All. > Mary >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: