just found out I have adhesions

Fri Apr 4 19:43:10 2008

I just found out that I have abdominal adhesions. I have been having abdominal pain for YEARS!!!! No one could tell me what was wrong. I was diagnosed with IBS after having a colonoscopy. It came back normal. So the only thing they could come up with was IBS.I have been to my OBGYM I don't know how many times for the pain and they never find anything. All the tests come back normal. After all these years the doctors start to look at you like you just want drugs. Well about 3 weeks ago I had a terrible pain in my right side and my husband had to come get me from work and take me to the doctors office. I could not even walk. The doctor said I had gastritis, again. He gave me some meds, which made me constipated. I went back to him for the pain and he checked my gallbladder, e-rays, ultrasounds and blood work. Everything came back fine. He sent me home. He did not see a reason for my pain. I went to my OBGYN to see if maybe I had a cyst or something. I did have a cyst on left ovary. I ended up in the emergency room after 2 weeks of pain. They thought that I had appendicitis, even though the all the test came back normal. The ER doctor was wonderful. I finally felt like somebody was listening to me. That somebody really believed I was in pain. He wanted to help me. He and the surgeon decided to take out my appendix the next day. When he went in to take out my appendix he found the adhesions on my colon. I had adhesions in 4 different places. The surgeon told me about when I came to that day. He told me that had they not taken out my appendix they may not have found the adhesions. He told me to come home and do research on the internet. I have to say I do not like what I have found so far. I have had this same pain on and off again for the past 11 years. I had a C-Section with my last child. It was an emergency C-Section. I had no idea that it may lead to something like this. If that is what has caused this. Since I am new to all this does anybody have any advise for me? Thanks

--
Dana

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: