Re: Abdominal adhesion problems

Tue Mar 4 07:38:12 2008

Dear Margie:

I have similar symptoms as you -- chronic constipation, ankles swelling, difficulty in stooping over). I have diverticulosis, with a history of ruptured colon, peritonitis and septic shock (my treating physician had diagnosed my abdominal pain as IBS and depression - a typical male physician dx).

I find that by taking 2 capsules of flax seed oil daily I can prevent severe constipation. When I need additional help I rely on Miralax.

Hope this helps--

-Valerie

--

-------------- Original message ---------------------- From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> -------------- Original message ---------------------- > Sender: margi707@yahoo.com (margi)

> -------------- Original message ---------------------- > Subject: Re: Abdominal adhesion problems > > At Tue, 15 Feb 2005, lynn wrote: > > > >I've had abdominal adhesions for almost eight years. > >These resulted from a hysterectomy in 6/96 and from > >an incisional hernia repair, which resulted from the > >hysterectomy, done in 3/97. I have had irregular > >colon function since right after the hernia repair, > >resulting in worsening constipation over time. I'm > >chronically impacted every day and always feel very > >uncomfortable. This has caused bad circulation in > >both my legs, resulting in reddish brown hard dry > >flaky skin around the bottom portions of both legs. > > > >My inner and outer ankles on my left foot are swollen > >almost all day, every day, and sometimes both my > >ankles on my right foot swell also. My left leg seems > >somewhat swollen towards the bottom of my left leg. > > > >My body is always toxic and it's very uncomfortable > >to bend over when trimming my toenails, walking, and > >doing household chores, etc. Does anyone else with > >abdominal adhesions have these problems? What do you > >do to keep yourself regular? Also, I have a lot of > >very bad bloating all the time. Does anyone know of > >a really competent surgeon who is skilled at removing > >adbominal adhesions through laparoscopy? Do you know > >of any surgeons who can do this type of surgery here > >in Phoenix, Arizona or anywhere in the country? > > > >Thanks, > >Lynn > My name is margi & I have had adhesions for many years. After many > surgeris & trips to doctors. They make you feel like it is in your > head. I finally found support & a doctor who is willing to do the > surgery, But I am trying to raise money for the expenses because i hvae > to travel 4 hours to get there. I have had multiple surgeries and still > in servere pain. I know someone who is doing everything she can to get > people like us the help we need. her name is agusta, her website is > ahesionsfoundation.org she will try to help you in everyway possible. My > email is margi707@yahoo.com hope to keep in touch with you. > > -- > margi >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: