adhesion pain help?!

Mon Mar 3 18:59:31 2008

First of all, thank Heavens I found this board. I am now going to bore you to tears but for those who read my book here, maybe you can help me.

And to think I felt like the idiot...and my docs look at me like I'm crazy - sheesh!

I have been the queen of abdominal surgery. I'm 36 and have had appendix at 12, gall bladder at 28, 2 D&E's for miscarriages, 3 c-sections, 1 scar revision and 1 full abdominoplasty. The scar revision and abdominoplasty were to "take care of" my scar pain. I was shot up with steriods, B6, trigger point injections, took neurontin, lyrica and a load of other crap and I still think my docs think I'm nuts. The tummy tuck was the last straw.

The pain started in Dec 2006 - after the 3rd CS - no problems until then. I complained and was kept on pain meds after my daughter was born., Finally after 6 weeks they went back in and did a "scar revision" where they found the fascia was open 2 inches. Everyone thought all would be fine after revision wrong. had relief for 3 weeks and pain was back full force. Burning, tugging, sharp pain.. Forget sex - my poor husband and well, I never really bonded with my Daughter which is just sad. Then the rounds of doc, pain managers, freaks with big needles claiming a "little pinch" trigger point shot would help. What a crock of BS...no relief.

I started taking less pain meds but took a consistant amt over the course of the day. I took 1/2 an oxycodone 325 mg every 6 hours and was in pretty good (at least able to function and work but not anywhere out of pain)shape. I was sent to a plastic surgeon but couldn't afford the bill to take off all of trhe scar tissue that was now visible in my stomach area. My insurance agreed to pay for surgery after an infection and I had 5 pounds of adhesions and scar tissue removed from my belly in Nov 2007.

ahhh, we thought all was well - and it was until late December and the pain returned but now in 2 spots not one. The plastic surgeon injected something in the adhesions 2 weeks ago and I'm in more pain now than ever. My family doc is afraid of pain meds and turning me into a drug addict and frankly I was scared about the pain meds but I have to admit I'd appreciate the relief now as I'm not on anything and I've just about had all I can take. I've slipped back to being a mean and snappy person when I'm hurting and I don't like it one bit. I'm only 36, I'm not a wimp, I have a family, a job and I want to be able to go to my dance class and participate at least 75% and do it without doubling over and seeing stars the minute I move the wrong way.

Please anyone with thoughts, help advice anything I'd appreciate it sooo much.

--
Sevenangels

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: