I'm seeing Dr. Redan

Mon Feb 25 17:14:00 2008

I want to thank those of you who have seen Dr. Redan at the Celebrations Hospital in Florida and encouraged the rest of us to consider a consultation. Because this seven week long episode has left me distended like I'm seven months pregnant and wheezing from the constant pressure on my lungs,I decided to take my health back into my own hands. I canceled the next two tests the GI doctor ordered, filled out the initial online paperwork and submitted it. I heard from Dr.Redan within 48 hours and I'm waiting on my consult date and probable surgery date. While none of us relish "another surgery" we understand that sometimes it's inevitable. Knowing that this man has a level of expertise that most general surgeons do not, gives me great hope in my outcome this time. As I stated in my earlier post, I'm honestly not looking for a magical surgery and Dr. Redan doesn't claim to perform such a feat. But, what I appreciate is the fact that he acknowledges the debilitating effects of adhesions and unlike so many other surgeons,is willing to offer relief (even if it isn't forever) to those of us who are suffering. I for one, do NOT want to take pain medication for the rest of my life. Because I also have celiac disease, they only complicate my constipation issues. If I can get two-three years without pain and no need for pain meds,I'm going for it! I'll keep you posted on my progress! Lis:-)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: