Good News/Bad News

Mon Dec 24 17:42:54 2007

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Booboolrb@aol.com Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 3:25 AM Subject: Re: Good News/Bad News

I too have been suffering for years and getting worse.  I was just released from U of M in Ann Arbor.  The CT scans do not come back normal but the barium study does show my bowels are functioning, even though I have to drink Miralax 3 times a day and still have to use a suppository to get anything moving and then it is pure liquid!!  I have been told that I may end up on disability.  I am now on Oxycodon to help ease some of the pain. (the doctors say Oxycodon is less constipating) I have lower abdominal pain and now am experiencing upper left quadrant pain, which the doctors think is the abdominal wall.  If I do need to try for disability how and where do I start?  I have LOTS of documentation due to being in the hospital so much.  I am very nervous about all of this.  It is really interfering with my daily life, and miss a lot of work.  My boss (which is an OB/GYN) said my job is not at risk, even though I am not working right now due to the pain and the narcotics I am on, but I never know from day to day what is going to happen.  I am presently on a full liquid diet and really afraid to eat anything! 

I had an ectopic pregnancy which ruptured-a total hysterctomy-several laparoscopies and the most recent was a laparotomy in 2003. Oh and also had endometriosis. My GI doctors don't want me to have anymore surgeries, saying more adhesions will occur.  WHAT CHOICES DO PEOPLE LIKE US HAVE??? HELP

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: