What am I suppose to do ?

Thu Nov 15 17:42:30 2007

Hi,

Where to start ? I'd been having problems for awhile, I started going to an OB/GYN last June (2006). After many test, all neg., He decided that it was probably adhesions and to do a Lap w/Adhesion Lysis. That was done on 9/12/06. After the surgery he told me that the adhesions were extensive, he did what he could but that he recommended a TAH/BSO, for me to think about it. So I did. And needless to say, I had it done (10/10/06) thinking that it was going to cure my pain. And it did, for about 6 months. Then it started coming back ... So I went to see another OB/GYN (the original had moved). He did a Lap (7/25/07)that was also suppose to include Adhesion Lysis, but when he went in he had such a time even getting the camera in due to the severity of the adhesions that he closed me back up and told me that there was nothing he could do. He referred me to a Gen. Surgeon ... which was a joke. She told me that Adhesions do not cause pain and that if I was having pain then it was in my imagination for me to take ibeprophen 3x a day. I left her office in tears.

But I wasn't giving up yet ... I went to see another surgeon w/ my surgery report in hand. He turned me away ... So I made yet another appointment w/ a different surgeon. He was the only one that was semi-helpful. He recommended me going to a pain clinic. Soooo, I made an appointment (for 6 weeks later on 11/8. I went to the pain clinic last Thursday. I met with the Dr., we talked, he had a copy of my surgery reports, He is sending me to see the clinic's Pain Psychologist (12/6 4 weeks away), and I have another appointment with him on 12/21 (yet another 6 weeks away. Then it all depends on what the Psychologist says as to weather he'll treat me or not.

I've been getting pain meds (vicodin 10/650, not working to well anymore) from my Family Doctor since July, but he was counting on them (the pain clinic) taking over last week. I don't know if he's going to keep prescribing for me or not. He may want me to go into the office, which is a 2 hour drive (I moved and I don't want to have to deal with a new GP) and I'm afraid that my SUV wouldn't make it (my tires are bad and I don't have $500 to get new ones right now).

I'm in such pain daily (even with the meds) that something as simple as cleaning my house or grocery shopping is a major chore ! Not to mention how I feel afterwards. My family life is very strained right now. I'm to the point that I'm willing to try anything that "might" bring me relief. I'm desperate to say the least. I am so dreading Thanksgiving next week.

I can honestly understand why someone with chronic pain would take their own life. (NO , I'm not going to... but I can understand why!)

I really needed to vent ... Thank You for listening.

Kim

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: