Re: LYRICA

Mon Nov 12 11:35:46 2007

--
Dear Donna:

I am so glad you've had relief from Lyrica. I have been taking it too -- only it makes me sleepy and dizzy -- not good side effects. Also, I have found that it works well on the pain emanating from a damaged nerve in my elbow -- and I mean the relief is fantastic -- but less well on the pelvic adhesions. However, I'm going to continue with it in the hope that adjusting the dosage will be what I need.

Thanks,

Val -------------- Original message ---------------------- From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> -------------- Original message ---------------------- > Sender: donnacboggs@insightbb.com (Donna B)

> -------------- Original message ---------------------- > Subject: LYRICA > > A friend who suffers from fibromyalgia told me about Lyrica - I asked my > Doc to prescribe and he did - high dose has left me a bit loopy (150mg > 2xday) and I have asked for lower dosage - I started taking it a couple > of days before my appointment with my most beloved Surgeon (Dr. Max > Hammer, Springfield Illinois) to schedule yet another surgery to take > down adhesions. > > I told him about the Lyrica and the FANTASTIC RESULTS that I had with > just two doses and his face lit up and he said lets take another look at > your belly - he poked around and patted me here and there and asked a > bunch of questions and then told me that perhaps, just perhaps a nerve > ending have become trapped in the scar tissue of a previous surgical > incision and that he wanted me to go for a diagnostic nerve block as > soon as possible. > > I have been in pain for 25 years. Yup. It all started when I had my > tubes tied April 1982. Then endometriosis diagnosis and surgery after > surgery for "treatment" then surgery after surgery for lysis of > adhesions. > > Yes, I can feel it when my colon is attached to my abdominal wall. Yes, > I occasionaly have a bowel obstruction caused by adhesions and > subsequent inflammation (which came first, the chicken or the egg? the > adhesions or the inflammation - question of the year). > > BUT - the burning, throbbing, stabbing, pain that zings down my leg, > leaves my foot numb and burning, doubles me over and make cry out, puts > me in bed for days and weeks at a time is MOST DEFINATELY NERVE PAIN! > > For YEARS I have KNOWN that adhesions create tissue that becomes venous. > There is no place in our bodies that have veins and arteries and doesn't > have nerves. Therefore, if this tissue that is created by adhesions > becomes venous, then doesn't it just stand to reason that NERVES ALSO > GROW TO "SERVE" THE NEW TISSUE JUST AS THE VEINS DO? Makes sense to me. > > IF THE PAIN THAT WE ALL ARE FEELING IS NERVE PAIN, THE PAIN FROM > ADHESIONS IS NERVE PAIN AND LYRICA CAN REDUCE THAT PAIN THEN DON'T WE > HAVE AN ANSWER? > > Neurontin was out of the question for me - too many scary side effects. > Narcotics are a bore - they don't really work, make you constipated and > stoned, are expensive and you have to argue with Doctors to get enough > to keep you satisfied and they are addictive. I refuse to become a drug > addict! > > Drug trials for the use of Lyrica for adhesion pain are in the works - > check out http://www.clinicaltrials.gov Indentifier # NCT00310765 > > I am praying and hoping that the study shows significant reduction in > adhesion pain with the use of Lyrica. > > The side effects are minimal - go to the site and check it out - just > google lyrica - and IF this drug is shown as a positive for adhesion > pain and IF the word gets out and when we ask our physicians for a > prescription for this medication and IF it works for us and we report > the success to our physicians and to Pfizer THEN the FDA approval will > go through allowing pfizer to advertise this drug and spread the word, > continue their research with the yummy profits gained from all of us > adhesion folks buying their product and they will continue to research > adhesion pain and keep tweaking their drugs until we have an answer that > has minimal side effects. > > This is the most hopeful I have felt in 25 years. I feel like I have > been given my life back. > > PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE talk to your physician about prescribing this drug, > try it and report back to the Doc. The more this drug sells, the price > point will be reduced. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: