LYRICA

Mon Nov 12 07:52:56 2007

A friend who suffers from fibromyalgia told me about Lyrica - I asked my Doc to prescribe and he did - high dose has left me a bit loopy (150mg 2xday) and I have asked for lower dosage - I started taking it a couple of days before my appointment with my most beloved Surgeon (Dr. Max Hammer, Springfield Illinois) to schedule yet another surgery to take down adhesions.

I told him about the Lyrica and the FANTASTIC RESULTS that I had with just two doses and his face lit up and he said lets take another look at your belly - he poked around and patted me here and there and asked a bunch of questions and then told me that perhaps, just perhaps a nerve ending have become trapped in the scar tissue of a previous surgical incision and that he wanted me to go for a diagnostic nerve block as soon as possible.

I have been in pain for 25 years. Yup. It all started when I had my tubes tied April 1982. Then endometriosis diagnosis and surgery after surgery for "treatment" then surgery after surgery for lysis of adhesions.

Yes, I can feel it when my colon is attached to my abdominal wall. Yes, I occasionaly have a bowel obstruction caused by adhesions and subsequent inflammation (which came first, the chicken or the egg? the adhesions or the inflammation - question of the year).

BUT - the burning, throbbing, stabbing, pain that zings down my leg, leaves my foot numb and burning, doubles me over and make cry out, puts me in bed for days and weeks at a time is MOST DEFINATELY NERVE PAIN!

For YEARS I have KNOWN that adhesions create tissue that becomes venous. There is no place in our bodies that have veins and arteries and doesn't have nerves. Therefore, if this tissue that is created by adhesions becomes venous, then doesn't it just stand to reason that NERVES ALSO GROW TO "SERVE" THE NEW TISSUE JUST AS THE VEINS DO? Makes sense to me.

IF THE PAIN THAT WE ALL ARE FEELING IS NERVE PAIN, THE PAIN FROM ADHESIONS IS NERVE PAIN AND LYRICA CAN REDUCE THAT PAIN THEN DON'T WE HAVE AN ANSWER?

Neurontin was out of the question for me - too many scary side effects. Narcotics are a bore - they don't really work, make you constipated and stoned, are expensive and you have to argue with Doctors to get enough to keep you satisfied and they are addictive. I refuse to become a drug addict!

Drug trials for the use of Lyrica for adhesion pain are in the works - check out http://www.clinicaltrials.gov Indentifier # NCT00310765

I am praying and hoping that the study shows significant reduction in adhesion pain with the use of Lyrica.

The side effects are minimal - go to the site and check it out - just google lyrica - and IF this drug is shown as a positive for adhesion pain and IF the word gets out and when we ask our physicians for a prescription for this medication and IF it works for us and we report the success to our physicians and to Pfizer THEN the FDA approval will go through allowing pfizer to advertise this drug and spread the word, continue their research with the yummy profits gained from all of us adhesion folks buying their product and they will continue to research adhesion pain and keep tweaking their drugs until we have an answer that has minimal side effects.

This is the most hopeful I have felt in 25 years. I feel like I have been given my life back.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE talk to your physician about prescribing this drug, try it and report back to the Doc. The more this drug sells, the price point will be reduced.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: