Do Men Get Adhesions? , GARY

Sat Nov 3 18:06:36 2007

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Jeanette Chamberlain Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 2:22 PM Subject: Re: Do Men Get Adhesions? , GARY

To control my constipation I am currently taking a stool softener, metamucil capsule .52grams, senecot laxative tablets 8.6mg x 2, every morning and when I have gone more than two days without a BM I take a dose of Miralax...maybe two if needed. This combination seems to work for me to offset the constipation caused by my pain meds.    I still have what I call episodes where my BMs are accompanied by cramps, chills and severe nausea until the BM passes but not nearly as often as I used to. I have two adhesion locations on my intestines that always let me know when the BM matter is passing through them but the pain meds dull that down a lot. I drink a lot of liquids during the day to keep myself hydrated too. My diet is fairly normal but I eat very small meals instead of regular sized ones. I usually get a little nauseated after I eat. For pain meds I take morphine sulfate 60mg and gabapenten 800mg twice a day and I take an antidepressant to fight the depression that I fight because of the chronic pain.   It took a while for my doctor and I to work out this medicine cocktail but it seems to be working fairly well. I can actually function to an extent. I can now take my doggies on short walks and do some of the household chores again. I still get really frustrated that I can't seem to keep the house as clean as I used to.  I want to go back to work but I am scared to death that I will not be able to "put on the happy face and fulfill all of my job requirements." One pain or bad BM episode can wipe me out for most of the day...how will I be able to keep working through that? My husband doesn't understand this. He just wants me to go back to work. We are in financial trouble because of my being out of work so I have to go back to work. I can't see any other way.   Sorry this ended up as a rant...I meant it to be some information that might help someone but I am sending it anyway because I know you all understand what I am going through.   Jeanette   ________________________________________

> Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:07:36 -0500
________________________________________ > To: adhesions@dns.obgyn.net
> Subject: Do Men Get Adhesions? , GARY
>
> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf
Of > Kelly Murray
> Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2007 10:00 PM
> Subject: RE: Do Men Get Adhesions? , GARY
>
> Gary,
> At what point should you go to the hospital. I don't go to the bathroom
for > about 4 days and I have horrible gripping pain.  It always passes but some
> times I feel like my intestines are going to burst. I believe between the
> meds and adhesions, I have bowel problems.
>
> Kelly

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: