Advice - Disability Hearing

Sat Oct 27 19:06:35 2007

I finally (after 2 years) have a hearing scheduled for Disability on December 13th. I'm really scared because I have no idea what will happen or what to expect. Any advice from anybody who has been through this process? I do have an attorney and getting to this point, I'm sure you all know has been a really long uphill battle. I'm 37 and have had many stomach surgeries. 1st one when I was 18 for a taratoma on my overy then appendectomy, then a partial hysterectomy, then the removal of my remaining ovary and lysis of adhesions. I have been in the hospital every three weeks with bowel obstructions, the put me on bowel rest (no food or drink) for 4 days and so far I have been lucky and it has cleared on it's own. Now, I am at home and on some really strong narcotics for pain. My Dr.'s have written letters supporting my disability claim. Sometimes I feel that they gave me the diagnosis of adhesional disease for lack of any other diagnosis. I've had 5 colonoscopies, the pill study, small bowel follow-through, you name it, I've had it. The cat scans and small bowel follow-through show evidence of Chron's Disease, but the biopsies say it isn't. My terminal illeum is all inflammed, so I suffer from chronic pain in my right side and constant pain in my lower stomach, GERD and I either have diarrhea or constipation. Sorry this posting is so long but I just need some advice about the disability hearing.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: