Any good doctors in the Baltimore area?

Wed Oct 3 20:12:55 2007

________________________________________ From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of
--
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:05 PM
To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
Subject: Re: Any good doctors in the Baltimore area?

Tom, Have you thought about taking her down to Florida to the Celebration Health Hospital? (They deal just with adhesion related disorders) The web site address is: http://www.celebrationhealth.com

[admin note: you can also click on Celebration Health's logo at the top of the list on the right side of any of our website pages]   You can contact them right on line, or phone. I contacted on line and was called back in three days. They are the most helpful people I've ever met. Your wife sounds like this would be her only avenue after all you've been through. I'm not sure about funding or insurance, so that's certainly something you might want to ask about. They very likely have specifically worded forms for the purpose of obtaining insurance coverage out of network, etc. Best of all to you both! Reba   -------Original Message-------   From: IAS Admin \(Tracy\)Date: 9/24/2007 7:43:47 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Any good doctors in the Baltimore area?   Sender: lordykalordy@aol.com (Karen & Tom) Subject: Any good doctors in the Baltimore area?   My wife has been totally disabled by mysterious abdominal pain, constipation, etc.  for three years.  We have been to many doctors, had redundant tests, even major (unnecessary) surgery, to no avail.   She's been going to pain management for 2 1/2 years, and living on dilaudid.   (If I let her have access to the full bottle, she would certainly kill herself.  She's been hanging on purely for my sake for a long time.)   Several leading gastroenterologists in the Baltimore area have given up on her, actually dismissed her somewhat brusquely, saying they can find nothing wrong with her.   The last one mumbled something about "maybe in six months or so" finding someone to do a laparoscopy to check for adhesions.   Last time at pain management we saw a different nurse/practitioner who also mentioned adhesions.   I'd been hearing that word for some time, but only had a vague sense of what it meant.  So I finally googled it, and was soon reading the "Patient's Guide" at this site with mounting excitement.  This describes our experiences exactly, right down to the frustration with, and plummeting opinion of the medical professions.   In the past few weeks, her condition has deteriorated significantly.  She says the pain is worse than childbirth.   We have an appointment to see her surgeon day-after tomorrow (9/25/07), the say one who did her subtotal colectomy.   I don't know what to expect or hope for.  I'd like to think that surgery, and the use of barriers like Seprafilm , could give her her life back, but just skimming over this site suggests to me that it's not that easy.   What can we hope for?   Can anyone recommend any doctors in the Baltimore area?   -----Tom  

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: