Long term disability

Tue Sep 18 17:33:12 2007

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Donna Levesque Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 1:10 PM Subject: Re: Long term disability

I have applied for disability, it has been since the first of May and no word as of yet. I also applied for food stamps, medicaid and aptd, those I have been awarded based on my illness. I had been sent to a physcolgist and I think that with my illness, all the meds., which pain meds. are included, my doc and this evaluation from the physcologist that all of that together was what got it for me. Disability said they are just waiting for the evaluation from the same physcologist and then I guess that they will make a decision, I am really scared, I can not afford to wait through appeals if they turn me down the first time. What is the difference between SSI and Long Term Disability and what is ADA ? I just read that in one of the other emails titled Long Term Disability. My name is on the quilt here on Adhesions.org and I have been a sufferer for almost 20 yrs., have had almost a dozen surgeries, the latest one was Feb.06, that one was really bad, now the surgeons do not want to go back in unless it is an emergency, I have adhesions covering my entire insides, they also are now sticking my diaphram to my stomach and that to the abdominal wall, I have had a total hysterectomy and also had my appendix out due to adhesions and good thing the doc said because they found a good size tumor growing inside of it. Anyway I guess we are all in the same boat, I wish the best to everyone. Thanks, Donna

> Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 13:33:55 -0500
> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@dns.obgyn.net
> Subject: Long term disability
>
> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf
Of > derek thoreson
> Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 10:50 AM
>
> Subject: RE: Long term disability
>
> HI!