Adhesions of course.....Need help

Tue Sep 11 21:14:31 2007

So I will make a really really really long story as short as possible. I am a 28 year old female in basically good health expcept for Hypothyroid and the following. For the past year and half at least I have been dealing with severe to moderate pain in my right abdomen (would not consider it pelvic although it may be). The pain is actually around the colon area and slightly under my lowest rib on my rib cage. I have had about 5 abdominal surgeries in the past three years. I had a Laporscopy which revealed Endometriosis and ovarian cysts, the Endo was removed. Continued to have severe pain in right pelvic area, had right ovary removed. Also had two other surgeries to remove continued growth of Endometriosis. I have since changed OBGYN's to try and figure out the problem. I have had everything possible checked...Gallbladder, Pancreas, Kidneys and yesterday had a CT Scan to rule out a intestinal blockage. This came back Negative, except for the five cytsts on my left ovary which oddly enough are causing no pain. My only guess at this point is adhesions are possibly adhered to a nerve or possibly my colon or anything else in that area. This pain is extremely intense especially with activity, stretching, or exercise. Also very painful bowel movements, I have also noticed a lot of red blood in my stool and in the toilet (not just on the toilet paper), could be internal hemorroids but it doesnt matter if the stool is soft or hard still the blood. Would the CT Scan not of showed up the adhesions pulling at the organs? I thought it would at least show if they were joined in some way? Needless to say it showed NOTHING.

My new and wonderful OBGYN has scheduled me for another Lap to be done Tuesday (September 11) although I am wishing I would not have to go through another surgery considering that is what causes Adhesions in the first place but that is the only way to diagnose them. Although unlike my previous OBGYN he has assured me that he will be using all the lastest adhesion barriers, etc. to try and prevent them from returning.

Although the pain is further up in the right side, which seems to be under the rib cage/colon area, could Adhesions form there from surgery down in the ovary area? If anyone could help with any of your stories, answers or support that would be great. I just thought the CT Scan would at least show something. My PCP has sworn he is going to write a book on me! Funny!

Please help any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: