Adhesion surgery with Dr, Redan on Thursday 10/19/06

Mon Oct 16 14:22:33 2006

Hi everyone, I have been a member of this board for many years, probably since about 1999. I have not posted since about 2002, as I have been ok up until about a year and a half ago. I have had 6 major abdominal surgeries all together for various things, the last two for adhesions. I spoke to Dr. Redan back in 1999 on the telephone, I remember him being so kind and telling me I was a perfect candidate for his surgery. At that time, he was in PA and NY and I had no way to get to him. Then, I learned he was now here in Florida. When I found this out I just started to cry, I was so happy. He is also on my insurance coverage. So, about three weeks ago I had my first consultation with him. The first thing he said to me when he walked into the room was, "I remember talking to you". I could hardly believe that. He actually remembered me from 1999. He remembered our phone conversation. He was so nice and supportive, he had all of my medical records there with him, he listened to every word I said. By the end of the consultation, he said there was no mystery as to what was wrong with me, and he scheduled me for surgery. I never thought the day would come when I actually would have a surgeon operating on me that might actually be able to help me. I have suffered and suffered with this for so long, and now it feels so good to actual have a doctor who believes in me and listens to me. I just wanted to let everyone on this site know how nice he is, if you haven't already met him. If you ever have the chance to meet with him concerning your condition, he is a great doctor.

--
Stacey

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: