My great life

Tue Jul 25 19:02:07 2006

Hello all, It has been at least a few years since I last posted on this site. Between 2002 and 2004, I was still desperately searching for answers on how I could cure myself of this horrible pain that I was living with day in and day out. Only 24 years old, I had fallen into the deepest depression and started to completely give up on ever being happy again. I was used to having a more than full schedule, attending University full time and working evenings to pay my studies, and then my days had come top the point that if I went for a walk, it was already a lot! After going against what doctors had told me here in Montreal (IBS, depression, anxiety, etc...), I had decided to listen to my body and have an investigative laparoscopy done in the US with the most renowned laparoscopist in the country. The surgery was a failure, but at least I knew that what I had suspected was my problem really turned out to be so.

A year later, I decided to go to Germany and be treated by Dr. Kruschinski. To make a long story short, he saved my life. It is now almost 3 years later and I have my life back again. I am not only pain free but also the happiest that I have been in a long time. After my surgeries in Germany, it took a very long time for me to mentally adjust to the fact that I was cured. I still had pain from time to time, and any gas, bloating, etc that I would feel immediately turned into anxiety for me and made me think that adhesions had come back. Dr. Kruschinski had told me that my body was cured but the mental would take a while, and he was absolutely right. I was still very skeptical though since I had been lied to by so many doctors, especially the ones in the US, and so it took me a while to be able to establish trust again. Over time, my body started to heal itself. My anxieties became a lot less frequent until they finally went away completely. I don't even think twice anymore about what clothes I am going to wear every day and my suitcases for travelling reduced to half their size since I always used to take my whole wardrobe with me not knowing whether it was going to be a "good day" or a "bad day". I could go from being somewhat ok to looking 3 months pregnant from one day to the next. And wearing a bra was almost impossible for me, I would end up wanting to rip it off 5 minutes after putting it on because the pressure around my rib cage was unbearable. I'm sure you guys know what I am talking about.

So I am posting now just to say that the whole process was, yes, a nightmare. But it had a happy ending. I abide by the fact that I think that Dr. Kruschinski is not only one of the most talented surgeons in the world, but also one of the nicest human beings I have come accross. I had never felt so understood and all the ridicule that I had been put through over the years had finally begun to be washed away in my mind. Through this ordeal, I matured a lot. I learned to assert myself, to trust my gut feelings, and to never give up. It made me the person I am today and I wouldn't change a thing if I could. Granted, life can be deceiving at times, especially when you want to trust people and then end up being betrayed, but there is still hope out there and people who really do want only the best for you. You just have to know where to find them. On this note, I wish you all well and much luck in your search for a cure. Michelle Marchant.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: