Abdominal Pain in Males

Sun Jul 9 19:40:20 2006

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Virginia Markiewicz Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 5:15 PM Subject: Re: Abdominal Pain in Males

Yes Rick I understand where you are coming from . I had a bowel obstruction in 1984 and it has been one thing after another , I have had about five other operations for obstruction and now am going though terrible pain again for the last two years or so which is just getting worse and worse and no one will do anything . I had a endoscopy done a few months back and the dr said that I have so many adhesions that my bowel is completly frozen in place and that is why I get all the pain .But, he also said no one would want to operate on me , that it would be too risky but my quality of life is suffering because of this. It is hard to comit to things as I never know how I will be day to day. My husband and I went to the ocean just recently and I got sick there and couldn't even go out to dinner , I just had to go back to the room . I am nervous because when I get these spells I am afarid I will have to go to the ER and heaven knows that is the last thing I want to do . I live on pins and needles because of this . I am sorry that you are having so much pain and hope that they can you get you feeling better but you are not alone. The drs seem to want to dismiss the problem when adhesions get bad and I don't know why .

I understand what you meant about damaging the drs ego. I go in wanting to ask that he do something different but lose my nerve all the time. I am told now this is it and that I just have to live with it unless I am totally obstructed and it is life and death . That doesn't comfort me at all , I would rather they try something other then waiting for me to get that sick. Anyway , good luck I hope you get some answers . Take care , Ginny

"IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: Sender: rz272@juno.com (Rick) Subject: Abdominal Pain in Males

I have suffered from dense abdominal adhesions since 1977. They were lysed in 1977 during an appendectomy, they were again lysed in 1978 for partial obstruction,in 1999 there were severe adhesions found while having my gall bladder removed and in 2002 lysis of even more adhesions. In Sept.2002, I had a complete obstruction and was in the hospital for 3 days. After it cleared itself, I was told by the attending surgeon that "you had a simple bowel spasm" ! He just completely dismissed it. A year later I was in the hospital again and was told, "Do you know you were completely obstructed back in Sept. 2002 ?!".

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: