Re: Flare up again!

Fri Apr 14 21:58:22 2006

Karan,

I feel for you. I had surgery (with a vertical cut) 1 year ago on April 22 to be exact. The surgery was to remove the massive adhesions. After the surgery I had a major infection which left me with an open wound (2 and 1/2 inches deep, 3 inches long) and nurses coming 2x a day to my house for 2 months. The only pain I had at that time was from the open wound. When that pain finally went away I had about 2 months where I felt good. Then a day here and a day there with pain. Tonight, I am on Levorphanol 16mg every

6 hours and Actiq 400mcg when needed. I have been on Methadone and Dilaudid

and none of it helps. I shouldn't say that. They take an edge off but pain

does not go away. I am back to where I was one year ago. I actually felt an adhesion rip off my abdominal wall on Sunday when I put my sneakers on. If you touch my stomach you can feel them.

Every surgery will bring more until they find a cure. I am hopeful that the

trials that are being done here un the US will hopefully go well and soon we

can all get back to life. I pray it doesn't come back at all for you and this is a passing thing.. Take care

Ann Marie

>----- Original Message -----
From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:18 PM Subject: Flare up again!

> Sender: kherard@sulphur.org (Karan)
> Subject: Flare up again!
>
> Does anyone go a week or so with no pain and then all of a sudden "It's
> Back!"?
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: