Re: Upper abdominal 'twinges/tugging'

Wed Apr 12 22:15:11 2006

At Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Jane wrote: >

I get a feeling that I can't take a deep >breath and feel so uncomfortable when I lay down.

Jane,

I, also, feel uncomfortable laying down. Sleep is a problem. A sleep study measured that I "arouse" quite a bit (not enough that I wake up) and don't get very deep sleep. But I don't snore. It's the adhesions. I think some are wrapped around my solar plexus because pushing there relieves symptoms. (nerve compression)

There are certain positions that are better than others. If my shoulders are vertical and my hips horizontal, that seems to be better. But of course, I can't sleep that way. I keep playing around trying to find a position that works for me. I'm currenly playing around, trying to find the right pillow to push against a spot two inches above my belly button. That feels good to me. But I've got another spot that feels bad. Weird, huh?

Breathing also makes a big difference, but in my case, the pressure in one place is relieved when I inhale, not when I exhale. That's not to say that either of us is wrong. That's just how, by chance, the adhesions happened to be wired inside each of us.

I'm still new, here, so you and I, Jane, are the only people I've heard say it makes a difference how you're positioned. Have you tried visceral massage? It's expensive and it hurts, but it's interesting. The therapist knows about adhesions and even has some theory that he's helping in some way. Don't know if it's true, but I like hearing it anyway. That's a little, sad, I know. But I'm desperate, I guess. A little desperation is justified, don't you think?

Yours,

--
Mark in Seattle

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: