Re: Aprehension over surgery.

Sat Nov 19 20:39:14 2005

At Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Robbie wrote: Robbie,

Bless your heart<3..I know how fearful it is to face surgery and what a huge decision it is for you. A lapro is done on an outpatient basis and you go home the same day. This procedure is minimally invasive and you heal up quite quickly. I would make certain your doctor is familiar with adhesions and tries to use some type of barrier and laser surgery. If you go to the ER nothing will be done for you:*( laproscopically anyway..

Surgery is a very personal decision and should be carefully considered due to surgery causing yet more adhesions. You should discuss the lapro with your doctor and take with you a list of questions to help ease your mind. Make sure he is experienced with adhesions and the removal of them! There is a physical therapy which others have mentioned that sometimes helps with the adhesions.

The most frustrating discouraging issue is nothing showing up on any scans/tests when adhesions are involved. You would think with all of the technology today, something could be used to "see" the adhesions. I wish you the best in any decision you choose to make..As far as a lapro goes, the recovery time is very quick.

God bless all of us who suffer..

>I have recently been diagnosed as suffering from abdominal adhesions. I
>have had a hysterectomy 12 years ago after having one ovary removed the
>year prior to that. The pain is constant and nothing shows up on the
>x-rays, ct scans, or any of the tests.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: