Re: Adhesions in upper abdomen???

Fri Nov 18 01:05:38 2005

Hello Becky, yes, I have adhesions higher up than my pelvic which are now adhering to my stomach which is starting to cause breathing problems. I have tried to no avail to convey this to my obgyn and he simply says he removed all of them from the navel down which were wrapped around my colon.

The main problem I am finding is any doctor in Oklahoma who really wants to deal with me and adhesions. Its almost if you say a "bad" word when you mention the word adhesions and the doctor shows you the door...Pretty sad and pathetic that the medical community either knows nothing about adhesions or chooses to do nothing to help.

What I have found is one doctor quickly passes you off to yet another dr. who basically tells you the same thing - they can/wont do anything until there is a blockage/emergency situation. Now, isnt that one heck of a way to live one's life 'waiting' for the proverbial emergency before anything can be done?

I feel like I have a cancer which is invisible slowly eating away at my body. I have experienced if Dr's can not see something on x-ray, ct scan, etc., then nothing is wrong with you in their opinion. I only thought it was bad having the adhesions in my lower right side, however, since they have moved up to the stomach area, it is becoming much more difficult to walk, breathe, etc.

I have also contacted the spray gel company and they are suppose to be conducting clinical trials sometime this year in the U.S. Now, if I can find a doctor who is even willing/experienced with adhesions in Oklahoma, I am definately going to try and participate. I am holding on to the spray gel for hope in helping with these adhesions.

I am interested in how others here cope with such a debilitating condition. One which really receives know validation from the medical community to boot?

God bless all of you who suffer...

At Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Becky F. wrote: >
>Hi Everyone!
>I'm hoping to get some insight from others into my situation. I have
>had three C-Sections, a Laparascopy, and a Hysterectomy, the last
>surgery, was 13 years ago.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: