Re: Medication for pain?

Fri Nov 11 06:59:04 2005

The doc I had the diagnosed with adhesions started with the Percocet. After a while he refused to give me any more. He was my OB. He said the my PCP would have to give them to me. He basically said I was just looking for the pain pills. I find that amazing since he knew how much adhesions could hurt. My PCP was ok with giving them to me but he felt that it wasn't enough, I was to young to be in this pain. Found a doc who is trying to make my life pain free but he doesn't prescribe the meds. I go to pain management. That doc knows exactly what I need and has no problems giving it to me (so far). He actually just said he wouldn't mail me a new prescription until I went in to see him. I have an appt tomorrow.

After this long story, my suggestion is to either find a new doctor or add a pain management doctor into the loop of your medical needs. At least a pain doc can work with you and the different types of pain meds to find the one that would work right for you. The docs were giving me Percocet which was not working. The pain doc said the Percocet was not the right pain med to deal with adhesions. There is no reason you should have to deal with the pain. I tried that but it always gets to the point when I couldn't deal any more. Take care,

Ann Marie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: