Need a New Adhesion Doctor

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Nov 8 22:27:26 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of DBargad@aol.com Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 2:19 AM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Need a New Adhesion Doctor

No matter where you go in the usa, no matter how good the surgical technique, adhesions are a part of the human body healing itself.  Having a hysterectomy might actually be in your favor because your estrogen wont aggravate the problem. 

Endometriosis is caused by estrogen as are fibroids.  I suspect adhesions are also. Now you have an empty space where your womb was and the intestines will shift down as mine did, and find a comfortable spot. 

A spray gel barrier is the closest thing to protecting the organs and intestines after surgery. The area that is treated should not be able to stick to itself afterward.    Because I was given a stress dose of steriods about 300mg before surgery, it helped immensely with the healing. I was up the next day, jonesed out of my mind, walking the hall after a full abdomenal cut, IV pole in hand and did nothing but jones for days afterward. I will never forget that.  I was literally bed ridden for 12 weeks and I stayed in bed. I also think that because I have anemia, due to meds, it helped lessen the effect of adhesions. I didnt move around. 

I think that helped also.  I had alot of trouble healing, and couldnt even walk for the longest time which meant that I was forced to really let my body heal.  I also take prednisone daily, which helps I suspect.  Having Rheumatoid arthritis, I am used to pain everywhere everyday.  Adhesions are just the lower half of me that is stiff and pinching and pulling. 

I know everything is stuck to everything else, and with my ovaries still in, I can feel them.  You have to dedicate yourself to doing absolutely nothing for weeks on end, to really let your body heal, use steriod and anti inflammatory therapy, as well as muscle relaxants and something like ativan.  Throwing you into menopause doesnt help either.  

Dr. Mattias Korell is the best as I have read, and Confluent spray gel is what you should ask for.  Confluent is a bio chemical company out of massachusetts.  Why they havent approved it yet is beyond me.  Too much money in repeat business for surgeons I suspect.  Adhesions are treated as a nuisance and a mystery, because what surgeon will tell you that they are a result everytime you go under the knife.  If you scrape your knee, a scab forms.  So adhesions are the same.  If you scrape adhesions off a surface, a scab will form.    Having laser lysis, means having them burned off.  If they are eliminated by laser, and the confluent gel  or adhesion barrier is used, I think that is the very best anyone can hope for.  Look into naltrexone also. 

It is a beta endorphin that might help with pain instead of opiates.  You can also have hyluran injected directly into the surgical site as a preventative measure and take oral supplements as well.  Try and stay strong and have hope.  Yours, Deborah

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: