Re: Need a New Adhesion Doctor

Tue Nov 8 22:07:33 2005

>I was wondering if anyone in New Jersey has found a good doctor to treat
>adhesions. I've been seen by about 12 doctors
>over the last two years, and am tired of hearing the same thing. If
>anyone has found a good doctor in the NJ/PA/NY area,

Honey, you are wanting a miracle that does not exist.

More surgery is not the answer unless major organs are compromised. Most all of us adhesions suffers are inoperable and left in a pending status of "emergency surgery" circumstances which means basically "life or death, no choice but to go in".

Coping and managing the disease is where the work begins, and that falls on us unfortunately.

Understanding your body and what it can tolerate is a day to day battle, and pain management does help many.

It used to piss me off when the Doctors would tell me they would not go in, because they used to operate with minimal coaxing. After so many operations everyone gets the "NO MORE" warning from them all.

I loved putting it on the medical field to fix me and relieve my pain and give me quality of life back.

It was a cold slap in the face when I realized I was now on my own, surgery was not an option. Looking back over the last 5 years I am so GLAD they did not go back in, and all the Docs that pissed me off turning my complicated case down was the best thing that ever happend to me.

I have learned to co-exist with my disease, and I needed to learn to manage myself and stop expecting the medical field to do all the work.

I am not saying your not doing dealing, I just cringe when folks here think surgery is the solution when its clearly a majority of the problem.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: